PDA

View Full Version : looking for a burner head

Mitcheal Veenstra
01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Evening all,

I'm just starting collecting bits to build a quick and dirty travel shop for small weekend shows. I've got a Maxon Stick-tite venturi burner, it says 928 on the bell. The problem is that it doesn't have a burner head on it. Does anyone know where I can find a metal stick-tite head for it that would fit? Barring that, any advice on what I should run on it?

Thanks,
Mitch

Kier Lugo
01-21-2014, 09:28 PM
i'm sure you can get them from several different places depending on what kind of burner head you want, but have you tried Ransome? what piece of equipment is it for in the shop? metal or ceramic head...

https://www.combustiondepot.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=42

Kier Lugo
01-21-2014, 09:30 PM
ah. just read the post again. ya for a metal one ransome should have something for you i would think, but see who else is recommended and shop around. Ransome was just the first name that popped into my head.

Pete VanderLaan
01-22-2014, 09:12 AM
I get my metal heads from Ward Burner. They're heads Pyronics made decades ago but Pyronics went belly up and reorganized no longer making them.

Mitcheal Veenstra
01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
it looks like for high pressure venturi's you'd want to use the FR heads, though I'm not sure how they differ from running a straight iron pipe head on a burner? The low pressure AN heads were more what I was thinking I would need, but apparently they are only good at lower pressures than I'm thinking will be used in a venturi setup.

Pete, the link that Kier provided lists pyronics metal heads, same kind you've used in the past?

Thanks,
Mitch

Pete VanderLaan
01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I currently still use the FR series. I used to get them in stainless and they really lasted forever but it's no longer available. I use it on my very very very noisy gloryhole just to irritate my friends of which I seem to have less and less of coming around anymore. It's probably something besides the noise. I do use a two inch head. At one time I tried to use an 1 1/2 head and I simply couldn't push enough gas through it to get the gloryhole hot enough. I think the FR stands for Flame Retention and it does work very well, but it's noisy. Did I mention that? Since I'm pretty much deaf it doesn't bother me at all.