PDA

View Full Version : Cast Iron Molds

Mike McCain
07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
If anyone is interested, we're wanting to unload some of the cast iron molds here at C.T. in Tiffin Ohio. I've got about twenty or so that are ready to go, and have pulled a hundred more out of the vault that can be refurbished.

Any spelunkers out there are welcome to enter the catacombs and fish one out of the thousands I didn't pull.
Blow molds and press molds. All shapes all sizes.
Trying to fund a furnace rebuild, so by all means, come on down!

Chris Marriner
07-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Mike,
I'm looking for a 4" heart shaped mold?? Was going to buy the Steinert one - but thought I'd check here - I'm in Florida - so would need it shipped...

Let me know - THANKS!!
Chris

Pete VanderLaan
07-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Chris, I have the 4 inch tapered heart mold and would be happy to sell it. I think it's about twelve inches tall or so, I'd have to check. It tapers as it goes down. I think it was used only twice. What's it worth to you?

Mike McCain
07-02-2014, 11:26 AM

This is the closest I could find. $40

Mostly I'm talking about hinge molds and press molds. there are also a few optic molds that aren't of the standard steinert star variety.
The price range goes from $50 up to $1500 depending on the size.

Chris Marriner
07-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Mike, thanks... But I think I'm looking for more of the tapered one like Pete has...

Pete, I'd be curious to see a pic, or dimensions, or if you know a mold # I could make you an offer...