PDA

View Full Version : Huge Putsch/Meniconi Diamonds for Sale

David Patchen
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
In my ongoing tool re-alignment, I've decided I'm going to sell this pair of huge diamond shears. I got them from Randy Strong's shop closing sale; they are in great shape and cut well. I think they were designed to fit a gloved hand since the handles were so big. I had trouble using them (without a glove) so I made the handles a bit smaller. That helped a ton but I have many pairs of diamonds and don't use these much, so I'm selling them to fund some other purchases.

You can see how big they are compared to the other diamonds I own in the photo. $150 + shipping

Just realized you can see the before and after the handle mod in these photos. The before is the photo with all my shears. The after is the photo of the P-M shears on the marver (I also dipped them in black plasticote). My mod brought them in line with the same size handles as my large Cutting Edge shears. Still a good size handle.

Scott Dunahee
02-08-2015, 04:36 PM
when I did production work for 12 years, we had a big pair of PM diamonds on the color/assistants bench. They were the only sharp tool in the shop. They really held an edge and I MAY have sharpened them once, but not more.

That is all.

BSD

David Patchen
02-10-2015, 01:38 PM
... and they're now sold.

Pete VanderLaan
02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Well, call freightquote and get a quote on LTL for the crate they have to be shipped in. Make sure the recipient gets a good rate on the Lull he'll need to rent getting them from the truck to the building.

Kenny Pieper
02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Well, call freightquote and get a quote on LTL for the crate they have to be shipped in. Make sure the recipient gets a good rate on the Lull he'll need to rent getting them from the truck to the building.

I have a pair of those I quit using around 20 years ago that are still in the suit case. They are sturdy!

David Patchen
02-12-2015, 02:23 PM

Ha! Our forklift didn't have a problem with this box at all.