PDA

View Full Version : Denver Glass furnaces

Linda Allyn
02-11-2015, 02:50 PM
We have 2 Denver Glass electric melt furnaces for sale. One is a 60 lb crucible, only used one time (has 22 hours of run time) and the other is a three pot color tank (also was used once). The color tank has 3 extra crucibles (total of 6) and both have rolling casters. Together with shipping to Arizona, they were about 14000. new. We are asking 3500. each or 6000. takes both. Pick up only in Tucson. Email - fireranchglass@earthlink.net or call 520-818-2239 with questions. (Richard or Linda)

Pete VanderLaan
02-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Is there a back story on this?

Mike McCain
02-11-2015, 03:40 PM
I been there. Good people, Rich and Linda let me poke around when I was a young 'n' hazy college kid. The studio has a beautiful view of the mountain range. I think it was 2003 when I visited and the mountain was ON FIRE! Literal fire on the mountain!

I know it's got nothing to do with the equipment, I'm pretty much just name dropping.... I know Fritz!

Linda Allyn
02-11-2015, 07:51 PM
The back story on the furnaces is that they were purchased and used the one time by a VERY wealthy student of ours. He decided to upgrade to a much bigger much more expensive furnace. We taught him to blow glass and helped him build his hot shop north of phoenix (purely for his "hobby"). He is a good friend and he gave the furnaces to us. We have a gas fired 200 lb furnace and can't use them. We are offering them at a great price to get them out of our studio!