PDA

View Full Version : Hot Shop Oppertunity

Andrew Boatman
05-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Good Morning,
I got a call to visit a hot shop at the MultiArts Center in Stillwater Oklahoma. They have a nice set up with two furnaces, three glory holes, two annealhears, a grit grinder, and tools.
The Multiarts Center is a non profit institution. They have limited resources. The hot shop has been closed for about two years. They are wanting to get it up and running again.
The folks there are interested in finding someone who can come in and run the hot shop. From the sounds of things that person would have to develop a program and find funding to keep everything running.
I think it would be a good opportunity for someone wanting to get into a hot shop but would require them to be a complete self starter.

The folks there contacted me in hopes of being able to start some movement in the process and to get some things together. I told them I would start asking around and see if anyone might be interested in such a position. So I bring this to the glass board to get some feedback.

Do you think there would be interest toward this opportunity? What is the best way to get the word out?

Pete VanderLaan
05-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Also let GAS know Andy. They list this sort of stuff as well. I trust the individual would be safe from Sharia Law.

I think the board in OK should have a punchlist of minimal qualifications