PDA

View Full Version : Antique Carlo Dona Tweezers - Extra Lg and Tiny

David Patchen
09-04-2015, 05:29 PM
I bought part of another glassblowers tool collection and got these tweezers as part of a package deal. I'm not a goblet guy so I have no use for tiny tweezers and I've got all the large tweezers I need, so these are up for sale.

The extra-large tweezers are BIG at 14.75" long and concave style. They are used but in excellent shape, shiny but with a black/brown patina. Tips are perfect. $175

The small tweezers are 8" long, concave and don't have a logo; I don't know why. They are quite stiff and have an "R" lightly engraved on one side from the person I got them from. They are used and in good condition with the same shiny brown/black patina. Tips are excellent. $90

I cleaned the tools with alcohol and wiped them with mineral oil to protect them, but I haven't touched them with anything abrasive since they're antiques. I bought them from a guy who used to distribute Carlo Dona tools in the US prior to Spiral Arts.

Package deal for $250 + shipping (probably about $12). I'll wait a week, then they go on ebay and the antique tool collector hoards can have at it.

Please DON'T PM me here! Please contact me through my website http://davidpatchen.com/content/contact
(I don't want to post my email address to avoid spam...)

Jordan Kube
09-04-2015, 09:58 PM
What qualifies them as "antique"?

David Patchen
09-05-2015, 12:20 AM
I was told they are from the late 80s. So like cars >25 years old = antique. If you want to just call them old, that's cool ;)

Eben Horton
09-05-2015, 06:58 AM
I'll take the small ones David.

#TOOLADDICT

David Patchen
09-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Large ones still available and on eBay but the auction is ending in 14 hours. I'll cancel the auction for $175 via email or contact me through my website. Dont PM me here...

Pete VanderLaan
09-10-2015, 07:54 AM
I was told they are from the late 80s. So like cars >25 years old = antique. If you want to just call them old, that's cool ;)
Kinda like "Antique '79 Ford Taurus?" Why does this sound unattractive to me?

David Patchen
09-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Because a Ford Taurus was unattractive the day it was made.

Beautiful tweezers, on the other hand, are pretty awesome no matter when they were made. But you can just call them old if you'd like. Or: Historical? Used? Dusty? Aged? Vintage? Yours? Choose your favorite adjective, but I've got too many tweezers and need $ for other tools...

Pete VanderLaan
09-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I meant the Taurus, not the Tweezers.

Antique '79 Mercedes 450 SL both tops sounds better maybe?

David Patchen
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Both tweezers sold. Antique '79 Mercedes 450 SL still available.