PDA

View Full Version : Soutwestern Glass Moulds for sale

Dierk Van Keppel
09-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Michael Christman (479) 285-6099 Has apx 3000 cast iron moulds for sale. He is the former owner of Southwestern Glass in Van Buren, Arkansas. Photos on request.

Eben Horton
09-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Michael Christman (479) 285-6099 Has apx 3000 cast iron moulds for sale. He is the former owner of Southwestern Glass in Van Buren, Arkansas. Photos on request.

id like to see some photos please

email is my screen name here @ gmail.com

Scott Novota
09-22-2015, 02:25 PM
Very interested photos would be great.

Scott(at)novota(dot)com

Dave Hilty
09-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Interested.

Please email photos to davehilty at sbcglobaldotnet

Eric Trulson
09-22-2015, 10:16 PM
I would like to see photos as well please.

email address is etrulson(at)gmail.com

Andy Stenerson
09-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Me too:

Andy.stenerson@gmaildotcom

Jeff Hajek
09-22-2015, 11:06 PM
I would like to see some photos of what you have please.
hajekglass@gmail.com

Victor Chiarizia
09-23-2015, 09:53 AM
how about putting photos here or some remote photo site for ez access. v

Pete VanderLaan
09-23-2015, 10:40 AM
I have the full set of prints of the molds. It was mostly shades. It did not meet the needs in Shanghai. They wanted about $300 per mold which seemed a lot and they needed to be reworked. No ribbing molds that are cast. Wire only.

Way back in 1999, the selection was incredible. I remember the Pismo Clam from old shell gas pumps and all the street light molds for Philadelphia. They covered the floor of a building that seemed to be about 10,000 square feet.
Some weighed three hundred pounds.

If you want lamp shades, it might work out.

Tom Fuhrman
09-23-2015, 10:19 PM
shipping those can be a challenge. Most will have to go by common carrier and require special crating. I think a couple of my molds are still there. I was never able to get them back because they said they couldn't find them. I went there and picked up some of my molds but couldn't ever find the others. As Pete said there were very many of them back in 99. It takes a lot of time and muscle to open them all, photo them and then figure out what they make from them.

Pete VanderLaan
09-24-2015, 07:02 AM
I doubt you'll see photos.They would not tell you more than basic condition. The prints exist but they're very small. neither tells you much. It was the case that it was hard to walk around that pair of buildings and get your feet on actual ground. That was a lot of molds.

Rich Samuel
09-24-2015, 11:12 AM
It takes a lot of time and muscle to open them all, photo them and then figure out what they make from them.

I recall some years ago an eBay seller (someone here, maybe?) listed a bunch of molds he'd made plaster casts from so you could get an idea of the items' profiles. A lot of work to produce, I imagine, but a helpful aid to the potential buyer.

Dierk Van Keppel
09-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Victor, I'm not sure how to post photos to this site. I have purchased apx 200 of these moulds. Tom Fuhrman is right it takes a lot of time and effort to access them get them open etc. I have photographs of the ones I purchased and I have blown samples from each one and those photographs are on my site: www.rockcottageglassworks.com under: Lighting/ mould blown inventory
That does not demonstrate to anybody what is left. Last year Chihuly sent mongrain down there with me and we were able to access about 1/2 of the inventory. I can't tell whats left either because we could not get to the moulds. The main reason I wanted to post this and help the owner sell these is that he has begun to scrap them. I have a huge investment in time going there and physically going through that inventory. Anyone who is interested will have to expend a similar amount of effort.