PDA

View Full Version : Hot Glass Information Exchange 1979 - reprint

Joe Pfeifer
06-08-2016, 09:09 PM
I have republished this classic manual. It took a while to get all of the approvals. The Corning Museum has the copyright,
and has given the rights to me to publish it. These books have been pretty difficult to find, and I know the information contained is
very helpful, and important to builders. I am announcing this at the GAS conference in Corning. (Flyer in the tote bag).
You can see a sample of this book, as it will be at the auction with the other books we publish and are donating to GAS to
auction off.
I am also hopeful I can get some interest in going to the "next level" with this book, and at least update it in the future with new
tips and ideas, and secrets from artists who build and make their own equipment, etc.
I realize this is a different world than 1979, with lots of publications, and massive amounts of knowledge available online.
What I am hoping is for some great articles from creative “makers” that would like to be included in the next generation of
the “information exchange”. My thoughts are to have some various topics, and if large enough to publish them as
individual volumes. Please let me know if you have any interest.
I’d also like to assemble an “independent panel” of judges, and see if we can even get a few sponsors to advertise, and to
offer prizes.
More information can be seen at http://glassinformationexchange.com/
This and other books can be can be purchased here: http://glassbookstore.com/ (Free shipping USA during June, in
coordination with GAS).

Pete VanderLaan
06-09-2016, 06:30 AM
Doing that is fine but I would not want to to have the same, or a similar name.

Richard Huntrods
06-09-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm curious why shipping to Canada is $18US. That's a lot at our poor exchange rate.

Joe Pfeifer
06-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Pm me with your address and I will get an exact price when I return home. (these online store shipping fee calculators are poor)

Cecil McKenzie
06-26-2016, 10:31 PM
i was told once that the price on that book " Glass Information Exchange" was originally set so that it would be cheaper to buy the book than to copy it. I always thought that was a cool idea.

Pete VanderLaan
06-27-2016, 06:41 AM
Not true though

Mitcheal Veenstra
06-27-2016, 12:01 PM
I ordered one on Friday to replace my original copy I had that I'd loaned to someone who went away with it and never brought it back... I'll try to not make the same mistake this time.