Joe Pfeifer
07-19-2016, 08:28 PM
http://bobkauctions.com/fentons-collectibles-complete-liquidation-auction

Pete VanderLaan
07-20-2016, 07:11 AM
That is a very sad end to all of this

Rich Samuel
07-20-2016, 11:49 PM
Weird auction, a combined one? Lots of "collectible" bric-a-brac, flea market crap, and most of the glassmaking equipment doesn't strike me as being of factory quality. (Full disclosure: I never visited Fenton, but always assumed it was similar to other factories.) This looks like a few prime Fenton pieces and lots of eBay fodder, possibly from an unrelated, but closed, retailer. Still sad, though, whatever the story.

Pete VanderLaan
07-21-2016, 06:08 AM
It indeed is strangely selective. The Fenton's have the extensive collection of molds I've referred to in recent past but they have no apparent interest in seeing them become museum material and it would seem they believe they have value on the open market, so, that's held back. The chemicals have been peculiar as well. I was asked for help in the disposition of them but have had little cooperation in terms of getting to prices that make any sense. I write and say "what do you want for this?" and get no response. The tooling in this auction appears to me to be just worn out and abandoned.

It is still very sad.

Eben Horton
07-21-2016, 08:12 AM
The glory hole in the description is not the glory hole in the photo.

Curious about the presses.

Tom Fuhrman
07-21-2016, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure this is that closely associated with the Fenton factory in W.V. Notice this is in Missouri. I think this was a retailer of Fenton who also had a small studio with their retail shop. I'm suspect that this may have been one of the other members of the family, as I recall there were quite a few of the family involved in one way or another with the factory in W.V. This is all speculation on my end, but I recall someone in the family starting this in MO. at one time.
I have a feeling the facility in W.V. is still crammed full of stuff.

Mark Rosenbaum
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Two Denver furnaces???? What??? I'm going with Tom's explanation...

Pete VanderLaan
07-21-2016, 11:31 AM
George had told me most of the tooling was gone a long time back.

Tom Fuhrman
07-21-2016, 08:28 PM
just read a posting on another glass related forum and the info there confirms what I had felt. This auction was for a retail establishment named Fenton's Collectibles. They had purchased some equipment from Fenton and other factories and are auctioning off 3 hand presses and other equipment from these factories. One press was supposedly from Westmoreland Glass. They were a large retailer and dealer in Fenton glass.