PDA

View Full Version : Complete blowing studio PLUS 28yrs of stuff sellin

Virgil Jones
11-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Complete blowing studio, (minus the facility), PLUS 28 years
of blowing, lampworking, & casting - tools, equip., & supplies!

To see PICTURES and for a pintable PDF LIST of items contact Virgil Jones
(828) 284-2163
virgil@virgilsartglass.com

Available in Asheville, NC
EVERYTHING FOR $19,500.00 ->>> O.B.O.

The furnace is a Stadelman. It is a 100lb capacity, 15w, single phase, 240... W/ transformer, s-type thermal-couples. The control box includes two controllers...one daily working and one over-heat emergency. This is not the hobbyist version of the Stadelman 100lber. I had Steve put in two extra elements for a total of 6. The furnace has plenty of power. I have it on a designated 100amp circuit. My entire studio is 200amps and there is plenty of power for everything. The furnace does show some use but it rocked until the day I turned it off! New pot and new crown is included. I used the Stadelman from May, 2008 to August, 2012, when my work dictated more volume was needed and I built a 400lb moly. (picture 114A)

The Glory Hole is a 55gallon drum with 2 stacked doors. To make the hole the 55gal barrel was split length-wise. On its side the bottom half is castable and the top half is accordioned frax. The large door slides left to expose the entire hole. The large door is square with a large opening in the middle of it. The second door rides on the large hole and slides left to expose the opening of the middle of the large door. The second door has a three sided frame and a moon shaped side to correspond to the Large Door opening. It runs on a Wilton-head with a venturi-blower hybrid.
(picture 139A)

Large annealer. Top loader. 60amp 21x21x36 interior Brick and sand (for cushion) floor. lower walls are brick w/frax backing...upper walls are frax. Has a counterweight for the lid. (picture 150B)

2nd annealer. Top loader. 30 amp 22x22x22 interior. Paragon brick kiln converted into an annealer. (picture 154B)

3 benches
1 large and tall bench w/slightly tilted seat for easy up and down. torch hanger build into tool area. (picture 233)
2 standard benches w/copper plated tool area. (not pictured)

Rolling yoke (adjustable height) with 6 foot track ((picture 148B) (track not pictured)

Digitry GB4 controller w/ sending units. 5 channels...3 programmed k-type...2 programmed s-types. One of the s-type does not work. (picture 147A)

Marver w/stand and other stainless steel marvers of various sizes.

You will see as you scroll thru the list or the pictures that there is blow pipes, hand tools, blow molds, large and small finishing equipment, etc. I also realized I forgot to include a great automated mold-boy for the molds. It is currently disassembled so I don't have a pictured.

Eric Trulson
11-10-2016, 07:36 AM
Are you willing to part things out, or just selling everything as one lot?

Pete VanderLaan
11-10-2016, 08:37 AM
He's trying to sell it all at once initially

Victor Chiarizia
11-11-2016, 07:21 AM
tell us about your future as i don't see you at the tailgate markets anymore. v

Max Epstein
11-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Really wish this had come up before I bought my studio :(

Virgil Jones
11-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Just a reminder...
I noticed a lot of people contacting me have missed the
>>>> O.B.O.
I am negotiable on the package deal.
The furnace alone cost 17,000 w/extra elements added, delivery, and set-up.
Virgil