PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning shop sale

Paul Labrie
09-27-2017, 09:30 AM
I have a few items to sell not sure if there is any interest.
#1 Eclipse burner system control panel purchased new used for a few years when I had a gas furnace 3 years stopped using in 2004. Worked well very simple safety system See photos
#2 High Temp crucible purchased form Pete a few years back (6-7) never used interior 9" Dia 6-7" depth? See photos
Any interest let me know labrieglass@msn.com

Greg Vriethoff
09-27-2017, 10:31 AM
I might be interested in one, or both, items.

What're you asking?

James Burts
09-27-2017, 10:42 AM
I'm curious as well, but want Greg to get first dibs.

Greg Vriethoff
09-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm curious as well, but want Greg to get first dibs.

Thanks, James.

I'm 99.9% sure I'll take the crucible (if it's still available, and the price is right). The panel would be nice to have, but I won't have a use for it in the near future. Depends on how much.

Paul Labrie
09-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks you all for your interest. Had I known I would have offered some additional information prior to listing, my apologies.

I will try to answer all the questions that were asked
First Pricing, The Pot was around $165 new (still new just aged) I would take $85 plus shipping.
The Eclipse unit was around $1600 to $1700 new (they are a couple of K new might have additional features?). I would like to get $750 +shipping
These are my recollections as I remember. I got 3 years of use then went to an electric furnace
It was a 110v unit connected to a 120# invested pot furnace single Gibberson (?) burner. The unit had a flame sensor (UV sensor) loosely embedded near the crown (not included), connected to a gas line solenoid. There was a purge function and delay (5 seconds) as the furnace was being lit. So with any glitch in power the unit would try a relight after the purge. I had a separate shut off if there was a complete power failure after 10 seconds not on the eclipse. If I remember there was a positive pressure sensor also on airflow in the event of a blower malfunction. Flame sensor, purge in progress, and burner on indicators. Can be upgraded with additional functions, not my area of expertise. I have attached the schematic for the set up, also have the manual. Nice simple unit, thanks for your interest, Paul.