PDA

View Full Version : Color questions

Jesse Bogenrief
10-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Over the years I have piled up a couple hundred pounds of older color bars. Most are Kuglar and Zimmerman and 75% opaque. Most bars look like they are from the 80s and 90s. I understand only basics of color and Coe. I am currently running spectrum 2.0 nuggets. Looking for clues like surface applications? Mixing multi colors? Use with thicker pieces? Reheating issues?

Josh Bernbaum
10-25-2017, 07:33 PM
If you ever consider selling any of those Zimmerman bars please give me
a shout. Fit-wise, I'd be most cautious with some of the Kuglers. Learn how to do some ring tests if you don't know already. There is a section in Glass Notes 4 (I think) that describes what you're looking for. And you can always ask here too.
Just a friendly heads up, but want to warn you someone around here tends to get miffed if you refer to it as "COE". Use L.E.C.

Pete VanderLaan
10-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Kugler opaques virtually all have Linear expansion coefficients from 89 on down to 85. They are not going to really fit a glass with a 96 linear expansion coefficient. Zimmermann made some incredibly beautiful colors. The mother of pearl colors are going to cause problems. Spruce Pine made SP83 specifically to address this issue.

I just took a nice little lithium pill.