PDA

View Full Version : Instant Batch Room

Jordan Kube
01-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I though about building walls for a batch room and then remembered how cheap an 8' x 8' grow tent is these days. Nice thick walls, holes for vacuum or ventilation. I've got a Grizzley 2 stage HEPA cyclone dust extractor but I still have to figure out how to get the make up air just right. It sucks the walls of the tent in pretty good. It's actually working really well without it. Bulk chemicals on a pallet on the left, stainless table with shelving for colorants on the right. Mixer and floor scale along the back. I also have a dehumidifier that keeps the RH right at 35%.

This is really all the room you need to do it yourself. I've got space on the pallet for about 2000 pounds of bulk chemicals and the stainless table is perfect for everything else. I still have room for a trash can and small shop vac with HEPA filter. Best part is, I can roll it up and throw it in the garbage when I'm done.

Eben Horton
01-10-2018, 11:31 PM
“Let’s cook....”

That’s awesome Jordan!

David Patchen
01-11-2018, 01:55 AM
Best part is, I can roll it up and throw it in the garbage when I'm done.

New category for recycling: Inflatable Batch Room

Scott Novota
01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Ok I am totally doing this. We are rebuilding the layout in the shop currently and I can work this right into a dead corner.

Thanks for posting what a great idea.

Is that the:

Matrix Horticulture 96"x96"x80"

Pete VanderLaan
01-11-2018, 12:05 PM
I'm way too much of a slob to ever do it this way. I also have way too many bags and buckets of stuff you can't get anymore. It sure looks like it would do well.

Jordan Kube
01-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Ok I am totally doing this. We are rebuilding the layout in the shop currently and I can work this right into a dead corner.

Thanks for posting what a great idea.

Is that the:

Matrix Horticulture 96"x96"x80"

That's the one.

Dan Vanantwerp
01-11-2018, 02:38 PM
This looks fan-freaking-tastic :)

Am wondering if you could add a dehumidifier to keep the chemicals nice and dry. Dave mentions the issues he's had with water content and accurately weighing out ingredients. This might remove that variable.

Pete VanderLaan
01-11-2018, 03:54 PM
It has a dehumidifier which costs as much to run as AC does. It's a very good idea. It would require one to not be a slob about it. I fail . I spill a lot too. The last thing I ever want to do is to clean the floor. Once a year. The worst chemical to try to keep is potassium carbonate. I put it in ziplocs as soon as I open a bag.

Dan Vanantwerp
01-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Whoops...

"I also have a dehumidifier that keeps the RH right at 35%."

...missed that part!

Pete VanderLaan
01-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Hey, Look! We use a lot of "hothands" back here in our gloves and boots. The big ones last 18 hours. I finally decided to test a simple chemical oxygen theory and as fast as I use some big ones and came inside, I put them in tight aluminum foil and they went cold instantly. Later in the day, I used them again and unwrapped them and they got hot again in a few minutes/ I did the horse maintenance number and re wrapped them for tomorrow.

Call me cheap but they are about .70 for the 18 hours and I use up to eight of them in each boot or glove. It adds up if you have to overpay for Venice.

Jordan Kube
01-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Hey, Look! We use a lot of "hothands" back here in our gloves and boots. The big ones last 18 hours. I finally decided to test a simple chemical oxygen theory and as fast as I use some big ones and came inside, I put them in tight aluminum foil and they went cold instantly. Later in the day, I used them again and unwrapped them and they got hot again in a few minutes/ I did the horse maintenance number and re wrapped them for tomorrow.

Call me cheap but they are about .70 for the 18 hours and I use up to eight of them in each boot or glove. It adds up if you have to overpay for Venice.

Brilliant!

Dave Bross
01-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Excellent!

Also reminds my twisted sense of humor of the bubble boy movie.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bubble_boy/