PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Classes

Angela Reizian
02-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I have signed up for a glass blowing class @ Snow Farm in Williamsburg, MA on the week of May 15. Has anyone been there? Can you advise me of any other schools/classes within driving distance of Boston.

Brian Gingras
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
I teach at Snow Farm once a year and run the public ornament making program during the studio sale. It's a great place but really really rustic. You'll love the environment, the teachers are all great and the food is awesome.

I teach 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 classes here in Leominster. Diablo in Roxbury has classes as does Simple syrup in Needham.

Angela Reizian
03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info Brian. It seems that nobody in this forum has any thoughts they would like to share RE: The Snow Farm or classes in 2011.

Sandy Dukeshire
03-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Angela,
Brian has pretty much covered it. the fact is that there is not much around. The only other choice MAY be to contact Avon Glass (Cambridge?), I'm not really sure what their deal is, but i do think they have some classes. and sometimes Mass Art (used to anyway) have a 2 week intersession glassblowing class that you need to sign up for on line the second it goes live. it fills before the book can get to you in the mail.

then again i should be getting the shack hot soon and your welcome to come play.

Brian Gingras
03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info Brian. It seems that nobody in this forum has any thoughts they would like to share RE: The Snow Farm or classes in 2011.

just not a lot of us in the area to share with you. Feel free to come check us out any time, just give me a heads up via email or FB or something.

Pete VanderLaan
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
And if you get your shots and passport in order and TSA lets you across the border you can bivouac in New Hampshire

Peter McCarthy
03-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Angela:

Jesse Rasid teaches at the Cambridge Glass School (which is located at Avon Place Glass in North Cambridge). You can contact him at nocaglassschool @ gmail.com. He can tell you what classes he has, and when they start.

Angela Reizian
03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info, I am already signed up for this class in May, I hope it will be Ok. My skill level is not very high so I think this will do for now.

Gary Grebus
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I'll confirm what Brian said. Snow Farm is usually a great experience. I've
taken several classes there. I think May 15th is the Sally Prasch and George Kennard class. I don't know George, but Sally is an excellent teacher. It should be fun.

re: other classes in the area. It's a long drive if you're actually located in Boston, but Worcester Craft Center (www.worcester.edu/WCC) also has glassblowing classes.

Angela Reizian
03-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks Peter

Eben Horton
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
sally is awesome