PDA

View Full Version : Goblet and vase shape posters

Jon Myers
01-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I've seen posters with goblet and vase shapes but for the life of me I can't find them now that I want to give them as a gift... Anyone have any idea where I can find them? Thanks.

Randy Kaltenbach
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I've copied pages out of "collector" type books that list the various forms produced by a factory and/or artist. These are usually simple side-view line drawings.

Jon Myers
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I thought of that, I've seen a series of posters that I thought were from corning (but I couldn't find them on their website) and I was hoping to find where they were from...

Pete VanderLaan
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the ones from Corning were in actuality the drawings of Frederick Carder from the Steuben shop around 1920. Those drawings are all in the back of the major book on Carder. In themselves they are a fabulous collection of very nice forms.

Alexander Adams
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
The book, "Ceramics" by Philip Rawson has a nice silhouette illustration of vase/vessels in a lineage/family tree format. It would make a great poster. The book is also a worthwhile read.

I can't check them at the moment, they are in my office back in Miami, but I seem to recall Ed Schmid's Advanced book has a page of goblet shapes and a page of vase shape illustrations. My predecessor had the illustrations enlarged, framed and mounted on the wall of the shop where they quickly gathered dust.

Rich Samuel
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Jon, is this any help?

http://graphicriver.net/item/wine-beer-glass-cup/134480