PDA

View Full Version : GAS Toledo 2012

Pringle Teetor
02-19-2012, 01:07 PM
So who is going? Seattle was so good!

Tom Fuhrman
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm signed up. can't wait for all the wheel chair races. all the old guys will be there.
Got signed up for the tour thru Libbey & Pilkington's Float plant. Have always wanted to see one in operation. In a few years there may not be hardly any left in the US.

Pete VanderLaan
02-19-2012, 03:20 PM
I am waffling. I don't want to go. Charlie wants me to go. Charlie wants me to drive. Henry wanted me to go. I should probably go. I'll decide soon.

Dave Hilty
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
For once I'm only 2 hours away so I'll be there for some of the sessions.

Ben Solwitz
02-19-2012, 10:47 PM
I'll be there! That float glass tour does sound interesting, you guys find any other special events that look amazing?

Sandy Dukeshire
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
nope. gas is comming to me next year. at which time, Pringle, your room will be ready and waiting. i'll have a get together here, but i'm sure the bigger swank studios in Boston will be having parties too. mine will be more ghetto. pick your poison.

Fuhrman - hope your wheel chair still rolls in 2013

i will however, be sending an outfit for the fashion show in Toledo. indian princess. its pretty cool so far.

Pringle Teetor
02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I can be talked into a playdate! I have to consult with my old beau there too!

Edward Skeels
02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
I am waffling. I don't want to go. Charlie wants me to go. Charlie wants me to drive. Henry wanted me to go. I should probably go. I'll decide soon.

Drama queen. Shut up and go already.

Pete VanderLaan
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
You'll have to wait for the third act Ed. There's still the play within the play. Don Mclean is playing here in a very small venue of about 150 just down the road right then and I would rather be at that . Toledo does not really attract me much. Akron, Maybe. Youngstown...no ,not that either...

Dave Hilty
02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Ok, so you've got a private Don Maclean concert down the road? His web site shows no concerts scheduled between may and September.

Pete VanderLaan
02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Ok, so you've got a private Don Maclean concert down the road? His web site shows no concerts scheduled between may and September.
Yes.

We have an amazing small venue theater here It holds about 150 people and you get dinner with the show. The owner is a woman who was on national tour and knows everyone and they all come play here quietly. It's just wonderful. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band will be here earlier in may. Judy Collins will wheeze it out as will Tom Rush. We get Iris DeMint , Mary Chapin Carpenter, The Wailin Jenny's too. It's a little barn in Brownfield Maine about 30 minutes away.

Dave Hilty
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Very cool!

John Riepma
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I just checked Don McLean's website and he's appearing at 3 other places in the Northeast in April. We, however, are getting the whole band together only once this year in Toledo. This should certainly help you getting your priorities straight Pete.

And your curmudgeon card is in serious jeopardy if you're going to Don McLean concerts.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Pete VanderLaan
02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
I'll just ask him to come over to the house and play.

Pete VanderLaan
02-21-2012, 04:14 PM
OK, Not really.

Sandy Dukeshire
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
perhaps MB and I should ask our men for a nitty gritty birthday.

do they serve salmon?

Pete VanderLaan
02-22-2012, 06:03 AM
She doesn't want to do the Dirt Band. She will however go to Paula Poundstone, The Chocolate Drops, Don Mclean and Nathalie McMaster. The schedule for the season is really just getting started. It's called Stone Mountain in Brownfield ME. Google it.