PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

Charlie Peckar
02-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Hey everyone! I've just stumbled upon the CraftWEB forum rather serendipitously and I figure that I might as well introduce myself to the community here.

My name is Charlie, very nice to meet you all!
I've been studying under the vast knowledge of Jordana Korsen at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, NH for just shy of a year now and over this time I've really found my calling in the hotshop. I just took Bill Gudenrath's class at corning last month and have made leaps and bounds as a glass blower since. I've attatched a few shots of my pre-Bill portfolio (I haven't taken any new pictures since because I don't have easy access to a camera).

If anyone in the New Hampshire or Mass areas needs a shophand in a pinch, I will work for peanuts and have experience with large scale, sculptural, and goblet assistance, so keep me in the back of your head ;)

Again, it is very nice to meet you all!
Charlie

Pete VanderLaan
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the board Charlie. Is there a hotshop in Rindge?

Charlie Peckar
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks Pete! Just after exploring the forum for the first time last night I opened up my copy of Glass Notes and saw your name! This got me really excited so I read the entire batching section. Excellent contribution to the book.

Yes, there's a hotshop in Rindge on the Franklin Pierce campus run by Jordana Korsen, perhaps you've heard of her? We have great fun here and have produced some fine glassblowers. Also, Terrapin Glassworks, where I've been working recently, just opened up in late december in the adjacent town of Jaffrey, NH. Feel free to stop in if you're ever passing through! We also have a visiting artist program I could talk to Jordana about if you're interested in doing a demo for the class?

Pete VanderLaan
02-27-2012, 07:57 PM
My dog and pony show requires too many personalized tools to ever try to demo anything worthwhile . I am in Tamworth if you are ever north.

Charlie Peckar
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I will stop by next time I'm in the area. I vend my glasswork during music festivals at a farm in Holderness relatively often and come up for the mountains as well. Just last fall we hiked Whiteface. So I'll send you a message next time I'm headed up!

Dave Hilty
02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the group Charlie!

When you said you climbed Whiteface I had to chime in. My Whiteface, however is in Lake Placid, NY, home of my youth and finished high school there. On a clear day atop Mt. Marcy we could see the Green Mts. in Vermont and beyond, the Whites in New Hampshire.

Pete VanderLaan
02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
On a clear day atop Mt. Marcy we could see the Whites in New Hampshire.
And there's lot's of them, Poor, undereducated, mostly libertarians. But they're proud!

Jeff Thompson
02-28-2012, 12:01 PM
The blue goblet is my favorite! Nice proportions.

Rob Williams
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Charlie,

The blue goblet is my favorite as well, what color is that? It looks fumed.

Pete VanderLaan
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
looks like a copper laced fluorine or bone ash opal to me.