PDA

View Full Version : blow hose mouthpiece

Joe Deanda
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
bWere putting together a program where people can blow their own ornaments. Not a hard thing to figure out but, trying to be hygenic we would like to let each person keep their mouthpiece. Stienert charges 2 bucks each and Im sure we can do a lot better than that price. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can buy these in quanity for a better price ?

Doug Sheridan
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
wale apparatus sells them by the gross for about $70? or so. We reuse them by dropping them into some bleach water. But, if you have a hooka shop nearby, they're about $8/hundred, clear plastic, good for one time use and they work fine. We've found people really want to keep their mouthpiece, don't know why. So we've been through several gross over time.

Thomas Chapman
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Is that the white (delrin?) mouthpiece for the blowpipe--or the yellow plastic dude that fits on the blowhoses?

Andrew Boatman
04-19-2012, 03:51 PM
try a cigarette holder on a tube hooked onto one of those swivel thingys.

Scott Novota
04-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I think I read this here actually at some point over the years.

Find a fast food joint with straws that fit the gage on your hose. Just cut them about 2 inches long and use them at the end of it.

In my case the MCD straws where too big, the ones at the grocery where a bit small. The ones at Whataburger fit just right.

Joe Deanda
04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
thanks people. I took Dougs advise and found a supplier that sells hookah mouthpieces for 6 bucks a hundred. I think thats a lot cheaper than 2 bucks a piece. Once again my dreams came true here !! thanks all
Joe

Pete VanderLaan
04-20-2012, 03:24 AM
OK, I'll bite. Where does one find a Hookah Manufacturer without winding up on DEA watch list.

Victor Chiarizia
04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
i always get 2 mouthpieces at the hookah joint and save 1 for the little rugrats that come by once a year. i'm cheap. vc
oh pete....hookahs are legal...just what you may put in it thats not

Pete VanderLaan
04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
You can buy them here, Hell, you can buy anything here just don't try to take them through customs. How's the cheese coming? I'm getting really pumped to get home and build the fluorine opal furnace for next year's class.Eating some port Salud will be a treat.

Dave Hilty
04-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Ditto on the straw thing. My friends at Grand Rapids Glassblowing Studio, John & Scott put me on to the straws. The regular mouthpieces are tougher to insert & remove than simple Kroger grocery straws. They slide on & off easily, are dirt cheap and are thrown away after each ornament.

Victor Chiarizia
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
the port salut does'nt look like port salut but i'm thinkinng it will still be great. at the markets you can turn a crappy cheese into something everybody wants depending on how you describe it.....kind of like the art world! vic

Joe Deanda
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Guess im on the DEA watch list now. Boy are they gonna be bored !

Pete VanderLaan
04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Hey I got on a ter ror list after my kid bought aluminum powder under my name.! You get to meet all these new people!

Stephen Bishop
04-30-2012, 11:32 PM
STRAWS!!! Cut them in half and good to go! Been doing that for years. AND SUPER CHEAP!