PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Wheels

Henry Halem
05-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I recently purchased a large batch of diamond wheels from China and found them to be of very high quality and very low price. I'm going to purchase more of these wheels and looking for others that wish to purchase same. The more wheels ordered the cheaper the shipping cost. On small quantity orders shipping can add a hefty additional cost. The larger the order the cheaper the cost. So what say you! To purchase the 4 inch wheels I need to order 5 of a specific grit. I personally need 100 grit and 600 grit, flat wheels and will order 2 of each grit. If any of you out there want that grit size and flat configuration let me know. If you want other grit sizes and configuration (spherical) for the 4 inch then we need to get 5 of that specific size and configuration. The larger wheels (6 inch) can usually be ordered as one wheel not 5.
The grit sizes are as follows: 30, 60, 80, 100, 180, 220, 360, 600
I would like to get the order as soon as possible. The added shipping from my place to you anywhere in the U.S. is $15 regardless of the quantity, hold that for a second that is a flat $15 if your order fits into a USPS medium size box and most orders do.
Bottom line: Let me know what you want to order and I will get you a ballpark price quote. Payment is made into my PayPal account. Any questions contact me at my personal email: hhalem at glassnotes.com
If you know anybody that might be interested give them my email.

Rosanna Gusler
05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
what do those wheels go on? rosanna

Mark Rosenbaum
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Henry:
I use 8" wheels...are those available? If so, can I order one in each specific grit, or do I have to get 5?
Thanks

Sky Campbell
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
what do those wheels go on? rosanna

Just about any arbor you may have. They have a 1" hole but come with diferent size adapters. Here's an example of some arbors from Covington.
http://www.covington-engineering.com/2_4_Station_arbors.htm

I got in on the last order and the quality is as good as wheels I bought in the past and these are a fraction of the price. Thanks Henry!

I do wish they made the 4" spherical wheel with a 1" width the 1.5" does make a large area to polish. I acually thought about cutting them down from the back side but suspect I will just ruin the tooling on the lathe to make it happen or worse get half way thru and then relize it was a dumb idea. I'll learn to adapt.

Jim Wiltschko
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Ditto on the 4 inch wheels and their width.

What is the width of the 6 inch wheels?

Henry Halem
05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Henry:
I use 8" wheels...are those available? If so, can I order one in each specific grit, or do I have to get 5?
ThanksMark, yes you can order one of each. Only the 4 inch wheels need to be ordered in groups of 5. So there is no confusion on the 4 inch, if I order two flat 4 inch at 600 grit I would only need someone(s) to order 3 more.

Henry Halem
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
The width of the wheels are x" diameter x 1" bushed hub x 1.5" width of diamond face. Here is the URL http://www.lapidarytool.com/ go peruse their stuff to get an idea of what they sell. If you find other stuff you want we can put that stuff into the order as well. Hopefully it will not get beyond wheels as it will be difficult to calculate costs for each order. Just so you know the 8" wheels is about double the cost of the 4" wheel.

Henry Halem
05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Let me be clear, I'm only taking orders for diamond wheels not large diamond pads. Sorry but I cannot repack and ship stuff that size.

David Patchen
05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone interested in splitting a 5-pack of sintered lapidary blades? I'd like to try out these 300mm x 1.2mm wide ones (11.8").

http://lapidarytool.com/cart/Lapidary-Blades/Precision-Sineterd-Saw-Blades/300mmx1-2mm-Precision-Sineterd-Saw-Blades-5pcs/prod_2013.html

Mike Tracy
05-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Anyone interested in splitting a 5-pack of sintered lapidary blades? I'd like to try out these 300mm x 1.2mm wide ones (11.8").

http://lapidarytool.com/cart/Lapidary-Blades/Precision-Sineterd-Saw-Blades/300mmx1-2mm-Precision-Sineterd-Saw-Blades-5pcs/prod_2013.html

What arbor size are you looking at? If you wanted a 1" arbor, I may be interested.

David Patchen
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes, ordering 1" arbor. Henry thinks the product might be mis-marked and not for 5, but he's checking into it.

Henry Halem
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes, ordering 1" arbor. Henry thinks the product might be mis-marked and not for 5, but he's checking into it.I checked into it and it is for 5.