PDA

View Full Version : Color Melting Class Books

Joe Pfeifer
07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Pete has suggested if you are attending his Color Melting Class in June 2013, that each should have their own copy of "Chemical Approach to Glass" by Volf. Pete requested a discount from us to all attending the class. I will sell it for half price ($100) to anyone attending either of his classes. You are welcome to buy the book in advance from my website (which may be a little confusing), or contact me directly for PayPal or Credit Card purchases. You may also mail a check if you wish. I also have a few of the Hellmer's Secret Batch Book copies for anyone who might be interested. It's a fine copy of the actual batch formulas Hellmers used while working at various manufacturers. ($50) Postage is a little extra (typically $5, USA) for the books.

It would be good to know if you will be wanting the book to make sure we have enough available before the class. I can bring some copies of each.

Who knows, perhaps Pete could list a few reading assignments for attendees before the class, so we all come ready to learn on the next level. Homework!

You can see my phone number and email address at my home page
http://igneousglassworks.com/

Pete VanderLaan
07-16-2012, 02:38 PM
No Homework! I am not teaching chemistry although Volf is a very valuable book to have if you intend to make coloured glasses I teach process, which is critical to success. As the old German saying went, a good formula can't cross the street and that is so true...