PDA

View Full Version : Arsenic Trioxide

Guy Kass
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
If anyone is interested, or can use it, I have a pound of As2O3, that I neither need nor want sitting around here.

I have no idea if anyone can use it, and I know it breaks Pete's golden rule of saying best offer, but I have no idea if it is really worth anything to anyone. So apologies in advance.

It is technical grade, a pound of it in a brown glass bottle that my dad had bought from City Chemical in NYC I would guess about 15 years or so ago. (I don't know if it loses strength, etc over time.)

If you are interested, drop me a note. I am open to any and all ideas.

Guy

Pete VanderLaan
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I can always use it eventually. I usually buy it at about 50 lbs at a time so I don't want to pay the market price for one lb. I do like brown bottles. Eight bucks --ten with shipping. Otherwise it's really not worth moving around from my point of view. t?

Guy Kass
10-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Better idea. How about you pay the shipping (I will pack it up really well and ship it in a flat rate box) and we just call the material itself, a token of appreciation for for what you do here?

Guy

Pete VanderLaan
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
You drive a hard bargain. I 'll have to work longer hours.

354 Washington Hill Rd
Chocorua NH 03817

Rosanna Gusler
10-17-2012, 06:18 PM
i wonder how many hsa type pings this site gets. rosanna ps is it time to pony up some cash to help with maintenence?

Pete VanderLaan
10-18-2012, 06:48 AM
OK once again the old guy has to display his ignorance. HSA?

I would also note that the furnace build thread ( which isn't very good) has had over 45,000 hits.

Rosanna Gusler
10-18-2012, 07:57 AM
hsa is me speak for whatever acronym homeland security goes by. rosanna

Scott Novota
10-18-2012, 10:29 AM
DHS is what they like currently.

Pete VanderLaan
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
TSA has gone bad?

Franklin Sankar
10-18-2012, 10:51 PM
You lost me with the pony. Not sure what he was doing.
Franklin

Pete VanderLaan
10-19-2012, 08:03 AM
"To pony up" is to finally settle your bill with someone. I don't know the origin of the slang but I suspect that it has to do with betting on Horse races.

In poker, you "ante" a minimum amount to be allowed to play each hand. "The pot's right" when everyone who wants to play the hand has anted up.

One of my favorite's is "Skid Row" which is the place someone is said to have wound up when their fortunes have turned entirely against them. A "Skid Row" is a line of logs that have been placed in a stack horizontally as a rolling frame ready to go onto the bed of the saw and to be turned into dimensioned lumber. The sawyer ( guy who cuts the logs) moves them forward in the skid row with a Peavey, a tool that pries and hooks. I found this out when I discovered I was running a skid row back when Ms Bliss and I were processing ten acres of white pine into a bazillion ( a unit of measurement) board feet of lumber).

So When Roseanna says "Pony Up" she means paying Katie , our very quiet Tinkerbell benefactor who pays for this entire site without a peep of protest entirely out of her own pocket without ever complaining at all. When we first converted from the old chaotic format, she wanted it to have running ads on the site and I refused to run it that way after enduring them for five days. I still remember the banner running across the top of the board saying "DEPRESSED?" . Without a word of complaint she withdrew the ads. She loves this site and is enormously proud of it. Working with her has been a pleasure. Great Lady. She has been remarkably trusting given how rocky our initial interaction was. When it all came together I also agreed to have a totally active hand in running and commenting on the board. She wanted a benevolent dictator.

Franklin Sankar
10-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I hope she can feel the gratitude and outpouring of love for her effort. May be not enough to feed her physical needs but it sure can fill the room with positive spiritual vibes.
Franklin