PDA

View Full Version : Boxes of "Bulk HP" Frax for sale

Josh Bernbaum
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I have around 8 or 9 boxes (25# each) of the "Bulk" HP Fiber frax from AP Green/Harbison walker that I got too much of about 3 years ago.
It's the stuff that's shredded up (not the blanket) that is what gets used for the packed in insulation in almost all Glory Holes and most furnaces.

I called Harbison Walker today and their current price for this if you buy it new from them is $84/box.

$40/box is all I'd like to get for these if anyone is interested, cause I need the space freed up in my basement and the wife is on my case about it. I'm in Southeast Vermont and it'd be a pick-up-here only situation I think, unless you could arrange some other shipping if interested.

Pete VanderLaan
04-23-2013, 06:43 AM
I am pretty sure I would like to get four boxes of that Josh. I may be driving over that way soon to go see what Charlie has. I still have one furnace to put together for the class.

Josh Bernbaum
04-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Ok great, I'll reserve 4 of the boxes for ya.

If you have time or desire to come all the way here that's perfect for me, but if your schedule is tight and you'll be at Charlie's I can meet you there if timing works out. Last option is that my wife teaches occasionally over in Peterborough NH and could meet you there (1 hr. less of a drive for you I'd guess).

Thanks,
Josh

Pete VanderLaan
04-23-2013, 06:50 PM
If they can get down to Charlie's that would save me time which is most precious right now and I would enormously appreciate it.. I'll be picking up a bunch of brick and castables there. He's ordering tomorrow.

I have fallen in love with my plasma cutter.

Josh Bernbaum
04-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Sounds fine, I'll get them there for you. Just lemme know what day you'll be heading to Western Mass. and I'll make sure to drive down on that day if possible, or before you get there if not.

Convince Charlie to get a plasma cutter while you're there, but he has to fix his compressor that's been busted for 12 years first...

Pete VanderLaan
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I would also have to convince him that a wire feed welder is worthwhile too. He's, um fixed in his ways.

Josh Bernbaum
04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey Pete, Weds. and Friday are my available days this week to bring those 4 boxes down to Charlie's for you. I'm thinking about driving down Weds. mid day sometime and dropping them off unless you may happen to be there on Friday in which case I'd shoot to be there when you are.

Josh B

Pete VanderLaan
04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
If Charlie is to be believed, it is all coming in tomorrow so coming down Wednesday makes best sense for me. If it doesn't actually arrive, Friday. We can't go forward without the brick and mortar. We put both furnaces up on the trailer today. They look very cool. I think five boxes would be better.

Josh Bernbaum
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
I think five boxes would be better.

Sorry, all the other boxes are taken now. But I reserved the 4 for you.
When you get a sense of your timing, just lemme know when you can, maybe I can be there when you are.

Thanks

Pete VanderLaan
04-30-2013, 06:49 AM
As I recall, it was 175 miles, so I'll try to be off about 7:00 AM Wed. It entirely depends on whether Charlie has the other stuff.

Four is four then.

Pete VanderLaan
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Josh, Charlie has confirmed delivery. I should be at his place at 11:00AM tomorrow. I'll have a check.

Josh Bernbaum
04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks. That time works well for me, so I'll be there with those boxes.