PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Belt Sander - Somaca - NJ

Guy Kass
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi-

If anyone "localish" can use it, I am selling my belt sander.

It's an older machine but it works great. The bearings are fine, and I put a new motor on it about two years ago. I currently have a flat platen that I made installed on it, but you will get the original roller platen that it came with, not the flat one.

I honestly don't know if the water deal works as I have a pneumatic driven water sprayer on it (which is not included.)

I am located in Northern New Jersey about 30 minutes or so west of NYC.

The asking price is $325

Questions? Interested? Give me a call at 973-267-1271, send me an email or swing by.

Thanks,

Guy

Pete VanderLaan
11-24-2013, 06:11 PM
It looks almost exactly like mine Guy, right down to the rustoleum blue You're selling it too cheap by the way. $550 would be better. Mine has been flawless for the last thirty five years. I have the flat platen and I dumped the wheels.

Guy Kass
11-26-2013, 09:45 AM
That's really funny, especially about the blue. It's a great machine.

I hate to sell it, and I'm sure I'm going to regret it, but I have second one, and my wife and friends are really on me about being a pack rat.

So I priced it cheap for a quick sale. But if it doesn't go, I won't be heartbroken.

Guy

Pete VanderLaan
11-26-2013, 10:08 AM
I bought mine for fifty bucks. I went to this guy's house who used to work at a local glass and mirror and it looked really nice ( Like yours). I asked him why he was selling it and he said the household current wouldn't carry the load. So, he turned it on and plugged it in and sure enough, the breaker tripped. So I whipped out the cash and took it home. When I got home, I took apart the on/off switch and he had taken the two wires from the motor and pigged them together and put them under one screw, and the ones coming from the plug were under the other screw, SO, I was not surprised that it tripped the breaker. Once I wired it right, it worked great. That was back around 1976. Still doing fine although I have fiberglassed the box around the bottom roller so it won't leak.

Great machine. Yours is a steal.

Greg Vriethoff
11-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I hope there's one like this available somewhere when I'm actually in the position to procure one.

Kenny Pieper
11-27-2013, 10:39 AM
I just found one here in a town of 2500 at a sheet glass retailer for $150. They are around in many nooks and crannies.