PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy equipment!

Eli Zilke
12-19-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm looking to buy used annealers, glory holes, pipe warmers, flat lap and whatever else you might have. Putting together a new shop and would love to buy some used rather than build or buy new. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

John Riepma
12-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey Eli, I sent you a PM.

Alex Leader
12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Hello, I have two top loading ovens for sale.

Alex Leader
12-19-2013, 06:47 PM
20"h x 39.5"L x 26"w I.D. Two controllers, thermal couples, mercury switches, Elements in good working condition. These ovens have been in use for two years. I would like $4000 each.

Eli Zilke
12-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks Alex and John. Sent you both PM's

John Riepma
12-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Eli, I can't see your PM for some reason and it looks as if mine didn't go through either. I'll try to call you at WSG or get a contact # from them today.

Eli Zilke
12-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Hey Jon I got yours, check again I re- sent it.

John Riepma
12-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Yep, I got it Eli. Just a long delay, probably due to a kink in the wire between our computers. I'll call you later today.

Bill Worcester
12-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Aloha, I have a nice 24 inch diamond flatbed to sell and two different used pine ridge burners to sell with all plumbing and blower. Please call me after christmas if interested. 808-878-4000.
Aloha, bill Worcester

Pete VanderLaan
12-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I can just see the rougher being pulled on a trailer behind a motorcycle up the Hana Highway Bill!

Bill Worcester
12-21-2013, 10:52 AM
No problem , I will just balance it on a skateboard and ride it down the Haleakala Highway to the dock,load on my kayak and deliver to any port on the planet.
Aloha, mr bill

Pete VanderLaan
12-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Well, that's great except you have to get from Hana to Haleakala. Don't just go up the side! It might save on shipping to drag it up to the edge, chuck it in and wait for an eruption. Aim may be an issue.

I always loved seeing those guys with the 100lb propane bottles behind their motorcycles going up and down that road. Everyone else was carsick.

Bill Worcester
12-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Aloha, we live up at 3,000 feet on Haleakala,it is all down hill to the docks. Possible you have me confused with a departed glassblower from Hana.
Aloha, mr bill

Pete VanderLaan
12-22-2013, 11:05 AM
No I'm not confusing you with David. I didn't know you were up the Haleakala Rd. I knew of the one glass studio in Makawau I had always thought you were down the Hana Rd though. I don't think I've seen stuff out of your shop since back in the days of the hemispherical fusion cast furnace stuff you wrote about for the hot glass information exchange in '78. I haven't been back in the Islands since about 2000. I sure loved Maui back in the early '70's when I did workshops in Manoa when Horan was still there.

Tom Fuhrman
12-23-2013, 01:29 PM
No I'm not confusing you with David. I didn't know you were up the Haleakala Rd. I knew of the one glass studio in Makawau I had always thought you were down the Hana Rd though. I don't think I've seen stuff out of your shop since back in the days of the hemispherical fusion cast furnace stuff you wrote about for the hot glass information exchange in '78. I haven't been back in the Islands since about 2000. I sure loved Maui back in the early '70's when I did workshops in Manoa when Horan was still there.

I'm curious how that spherical design worked out. Any report on whether it worked like you thought it would.
Just looked thru the 78' info exchange book now and it still has an amazing amount of really good info and the costs quoted in there are amazing by today's standards. Guess I'm really old.

Pete VanderLaan
12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
That book was way ahead of its time. The only information I think I would question were the Surface feet per minute that Brian Maytum quoted for polishing, and he didn't really polish.

I've seen the old hemispheres. They took a beating. The idea of having your own shapes cast in AZS was way ahead of its time for studio glass.

Bill Worcester
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Aloha, the azs 24 inch id pot was invested and produced high quality glass for about ten years, it was not particularly energy efficient, but reliable. I like free standing pots in stadelman type now. We have just finished installing 106 solar panels to give us enough kiliwiggles to run about a half a year. Hitting the switch about the first of 2014. Will report on results on the hot glass craftweb.

Happy holidays, mr cyberspace challenged bill

Pete VanderLaan
12-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm sure you'll resurface after the NCAA tournament bill.