CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk

CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk (http://talk.craftweb.com/index.php)
-   General Hot Glass Discussion (http://talk.craftweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eben , check your private messages! (http://talk.craftweb.com/showthread.php?t=12570)

Pete VanderLaan 03-25-2020 02:45 PM

Eben , check your private messages!

I need to see if you can do me a favor.

Eben Horton 03-25-2020 07:13 PM

Roger that. Iím happy t help.

Eben Horton 03-26-2020 02:52 PM

Pete, the eagle has landed. I repeat.. the eagle has landed. The stuff will be safe, sound and dry here.

Pete VanderLaan 03-26-2020 04:23 PM

Jeez, I was making arrangments for it to go to Madison Ct since Mundy thought the drive to be a bit too far. I'm encouraging Mundy to join craftweb. He's one one the old guys who went to China and now has a building filled with batch chemicals he wants to dispose of.
You, as you know have the lead monosilicate in your possession. You just can't get it anymore except in Shanghai and good luck getting there to do it. Then you have to import it, which you can't.
So I'll be able to make gold rubies and the dense black for rod. I will sell some but much I'll put away for my casting future.

Our governor just closed the state down until May 4th. MB and I don't notice much since we never go out. You taking in the lead is an enormous help. Thank you/ He has a bunch more stuff.

Pete VanderLaan 03-26-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eben Horton (Post 147481)
Pete, the eagle has landed. I repeat.. the eagle has landed. The stuff will be safe, sound and dry here.

So we get to visit when this is done if we live thru it. I'll bring some of my new work! Thanks.

Eben Horton 03-26-2020 05:56 PM

Indeed ! I look forward to a visit. Mundy is a cool guy... I enjoyed talking to him quite a bit. I told him that when you come down, he should come up. He is your little brother from another mother.

Josh Bernbaum 03-28-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete VanderLaan (Post 147482)
and now has a building filled with batch chemicals he wants to dispose of.

He has a bunch more stuff.

Since this conversation doesn't seem to be private, I'm curious what other things he wants to get rid of.

Eben Horton 03-28-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Bernbaum (Post 147498)
Since this conversation doesn't seem to be private, I'm curious what other things he wants to get rid of.

Iíll send you his phone number

Pete VanderLaan 03-29-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Bernbaum (Post 147498)

There was a boatload of barium soda ash and potash which he indicated was pretty hard. I don't know beyond that. the 350lbs of the lead is a lifetime supply for me but the soda and potash don't keep well.

Victor Chiarizia 03-29-2020 08:36 AM

mundys an old friend who would come over and blow glass in his long underwear during the winter. he stopped in for a visit in NC a few years back. he makes fantastic plasma sculpture. maybe for 30+ years. one of only 2 friends in 14 years to stop in ...hint hint. i now have a spare bedroom for visitors since i finished building my house. 12 year project that came out quite nice.
pete....making more bourbon today. 100lb grain bill. getting ~ 10% PA in these mashes. quite tasty as white dog but will keg up most. v

Pete VanderLaan 03-29-2020 10:04 AM

Indeed,
Eben described him as being my younger brother from a different mother.

I don't know quite how to take that.

I just wish you'd make Port Salud.

Eben Horton 03-29-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete VanderLaan (Post 147502)
Indeed,
Eben described him as being my younger brother from a different mother.

I don't know quite how to take that.

I just wish you'd make Port Salud.

Take that as the two of you are very similar.

Pete VanderLaan 03-29-2020 01:30 PM

It was the different mother part that baffled me.

Sky Campbell 03-29-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete VanderLaan (Post 147505)
It was the different mother part that baffled me.

Proverbial if you will. It means you have so much in common you could be brothers but obviously different mothers. Personally Iíve always been fond of that saying.

Franklin Sankar 03-29-2020 03:56 PM

It says Eben check you pm. But when you trapped home you look for things to do so I peeked.
Franklin

Pete VanderLaan 03-29-2020 06:18 PM

I failed at deleting the thread. Now it has it's own life.

I do like Mundy.

Randy Kaltenbach 03-30-2020 10:04 AM

Being stuck at home allows me to tap into my inner curmudgeon.