Thread: Color bubbles
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Marc Carmen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Patchen View Post
It's not just stiff, it's CRAZY stiff! Definitely the stiffest glass I've ever played with and makes the white duro feel like enamel. I gather on the new black the instant it stops moving, which is literally walking from the gh to the furnace. If you lose the core heat you're toast. If you don't transfer it directly to a stick you're toast. Gathers needs to be done before the previous one fully sets up. Pulls need to be really hot with a faster walk than usual. If you don't have the black poking out of the end of the setup and quench before you stick to the post, you're toast. It's actually super fun to work with because it's so quirky. I've not had great luck keeping it jet black--I think it might have something to do with our gh running a bit rich (maybe Pete can explain what's up w/this). It's been going graphite grey on me--I'm going a few things to try to avoid this. I've been pulling it into cane, then bundling the cane and making murrine. I haven't used the murrine yet, but it looks excellent.

If you're into twisty cane, definitely try some of this stuff, it's wild and so much fun.
Thank you David! Copied and pasted into my notes. I'm sure you saved me some headaches