View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 05:03 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Balkon View Post
Jordan, you are correct and your first statement makes sense to me. My own belief is that Democrats fund the arts more when they are in power than the GOP does. (I did not fact check it)

Yes, I could boycott businesses that support political beliefs that are not in line with mine, but I choose not to. I still went to Target when the conservatives were upset about their transgender bathrooms, and I still went to Chik-fil-a when they were in the news about gay marriage. They are both close to my home and I like their products. I do not have a high regard for politicians of either party. I think bad legislation passes when one party controls Congress and the White House. I am more moderate and think compromise is good and necessary.

Lastly, I value the help I have received from the members of this board. I appreciate that it is ad free and cannot imagine the amount of time and money that Pete and others have put into keeping it up and running.

To those I offended, I apologize.
I'm not offended at all. I understand the sentiment. Probably the area which grates on me the most is when someone comes in, having made zero intelligent contributions ever and tries to hawk a poor product I know won't work. Those guys get short shrift out of me and in general, I really know my shit. The ones I love are the brand new kids who are so excited with their first burn. That always feels like yesterday but my yesterday did not have Craftweb, it was a big void. Teaching is a calling. The internet changed everything except common sense.