View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Virgil Jones is on a distinguished road
??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stadelman View Post
These pots will be fantastic. The E.C. pots would come with a layer of slip smeared over the entire pot to hide defects like lip dings and hairline cracks in the potwall, the large sizes were especially bad. Les at High Temp will simply not allow it. If a pot is bad in any way they will not knowingly release it. Because of the initial blanket orders from Pete they understand the importance of our niche and want to work to supply the best possible product. I have the luxury of being able to drop in at any time and wander through the plant and they are not slacking.
Steve (and Pete),

Are you saying the crack in my pot in my new Stadelman furnace is definitely a factory defect? If that is the case then I assume I will be reimbursed for the price of replacement. The vertical hairline crack WAS slightly noticeable at first as I informed both you and Pete. After a short amount of use it's very much there now!! I am changing the pot today with one of the THREE I just purchased from Pete...Are you telling me that I might be putting a defective EC pot in the furnace...One that has been camouflaged by the factory????

Virgil Jones