View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 AM

Mark Rosenbaum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete VanderLaan View Post
I I keep suggesting lighting as a line in glass. It's everywhere. Cremation is another creepy solution I've seen work, for pets. Just don't have a lot of debt and only hire when it's critical. All those shops with multiple benches back in 2008 didn't survive.
Yes children, back in the day, you could do only 2 shows and be more than filled for the year. <sarc> Stores would put in reserves in Feb for the rest of the year and actually use them! You could sell everything that you made. Now I look at the wholesale shows as an expensive advertising mechanism. It still works for me, but I get only 1/2 of what I used to. I don't have a file full of orders. The way that the business model for the galleries and stores worked has changed since the bottom fell out. You no longer have galleries stocking your work on their shelves. They expect you to have stock for them when they call. That is just not possible with a broad line.
... Diversity is a must! The more arrows in your quiver, the more chances to hit the target
I am still running 3 benches, so I am a dinosaur with a bunch of arrows