View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 02:15 PM
?

Jordan Kube is on a distinguished road
Speaking of cullet

Last week we received cullet from Spectrum that was full of stones. This was regular nuggets not the 2.0. We ended up with over 250 seconds from this bad glass. Needless to say it cost the company a lot of time and money.

One bag from 4/3/15 had 47 stones per 50 pound bag. Another from 3/21/15 had 39 stones per 50 pound bag. I do not have the lot numbers because the chargers charged and tossed the bags. I should have put them in a different spot.

They mostly look like small little pieces of AZS. Very white. We had two Spectrum engineers out to look at them. OCR replaced all our cullet with good cullet and Spectrum is looking into it on their end. The replacement cullet from around the same date seems fine.

The easiest way to look for these stones is to pour out 20-30 nuggets at a time into a pan or container that is filled with water so it just covers the nuggets. It makes the surface defects disappear and lets you see into the nugget easier.

Quality control seems to have been on vacation or just non existent. Very disappointing. Hopefully they get the message. It would be nice to have an alternative available.

I can hear Pete crowing all the way from Seattle!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spectrum stone.jpg (61.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Spectrum seconds.jpg (84.2 KB, 114 views)