View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 12:47 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Patchen View Post
Agree with your premise except if the local feed store owner knows that the way he's asking the employees to unload the bags consistently injures them over the years *and* despite knowing there's a problem in the process, fails to act. He also requires employees to sign non-disparagement agreements to access their their disability benefits.

Glassybaby has opened themselves up to a legal risk by not taking employee injuries seriously enough. These are not cuts or burns that heal in a week--I know a number of people who have trouble turning or holding tools even after months of PT. If there's a class-action suit against them they will have earned it.
The bulk of the businesses I see that move heavy stuff have spent a lot of time designing bracing for their employees to minimize injury. I think of the guys who offer to remove your dead fridge or washer when you get a new one. I've been impressed with the thought that goes into that. That's true at places like Home depot as well but not as much as I suspect they should.

If Glassy Baby grosses enough to draw attention, I suspect they will get that attention in ways they won't like.