View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Mark Rosenbaum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Adams View Post
Jon Clark has retired (2009) from Tyler School of Art/Temple University. If someone were to consider applying to the glass program (BFA or MFA) at this school, they should research the background of the new head of the glass department. I don't see how anyone could invest money and time at this school until the Dept. Head is changed to one that has a stronger connection to glass. (i.e. glass community, glass education and history of working with the material)
It looks like the dept head has an MFA in glass from Tyler and has been working in glass for twenty years

"He has been working with glass for over twenty years. In 2005 he received a fellowship from the Creative Glass Center of America. He has grants for his artwork from several sources, including the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts in 2009 and the Contemporary Glass of Philadelphia in 2005 and 2002. His work has been exhibited at M.A.D. in New York City, the Renwick Gallery in Washington D.C., SOFA Chicago, SOFA New York, and other venues. He is represented by the Snyderman Gallery in Philadelphia."

Am I reading this wrong?