View Single Post
  #111  
Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Dan Vanantwerp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I tried again with uncolored as opposed to the copper-cobalt and had the exact same results. I started a new box of 20 mule borax and suspect that something changed..maybe the sodium content from lot to lot is variable. Next on my "to do" is making up my own batch and using 5M borax instead. I'm guessing that the matching LEC will actually be quite different and I've been carrying over some unintended ingredients. Have to call it for a little while as I prep for my big show. I'll start 2 color pots with chalcedony variations using cullet.

Reduction does sound iffy but if anything can do it black tin can.
Reply With Quote