View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 07:31 PM

Dave Bross is on a distinguished road
On melt #8 now. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Well, well, well, it really does do a lot better when you screen the materials. Duh!

Actually melts a bit faster and less dark snots while melting to worry over the eventual fate of.

I'm experimenting on this one. I left out the antimony since it's the only nasty thing in that batch. Oh, and by the way, look up antimony poisoning and you'll maybe want to avoid it when/if possible too. I figure I'll deal with the ugly stuff to get color but a non-toxic clear seemed like a very nice thing. Depends on how troublesome the squeeze is.

So, I know I'm going to fine OK, because I've still got the potassium nitrate, but, since I'm lacking the antimony, any advice on the squeezing? Since I'm sure Pete has already been through this with this batch while making unoxidised color I thought I would ask and maybe save some trial and error time. I'm guessing a few trips up and down in temp. will be in order but that's just a guess.

I'm doing c-balls so if I can't get it to squeeze nicely it's really not the end of the world.

Note for Jay,

The feds should scare you WAY more than the state when it comes to toxic liability. BIG fines and possible jail time.