View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:29 PM

Bob Meyer is on a distinguished road
With May almost gone, what is it we should be looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete VanderLaan View Post
well, this is like Henry Ford's car color choice. "Any color you like as long as it's black"

There is one Cristalica. It does not do well being put in a crucible that has contained anything else. SP 87 is the batch of choice. Suck it up. About every ten years, I'm reminded of why I make my own glass. As I said, I continue to think the crisis will really begin in May... Oh look a squirrel!

I'm sort of out there in no patience land. No one makes their clear, no one makes their color. The furnace is just bought at incredible prices. Karl Platt used to say that they want their glass to come out of a toothpaste tube.

In 1968 we fought every day to be allowed to just do this. Go look at Henry's video and look at the fire in those Penland guys. It was a great time to be in the arts. Every day you learned something new and could not wait to tell your friends- (a serious mistake I might add.)

My Nick Labino book arrived today. Not very good at all but it gave some great overviews of the history of Glass which I genuinely believe people should know. It has an innocence to it that I love and I'm very glad to have it in the library.I'm actually really sad that Tom is selling his books. It's depressing. Here? we're starting to raise Bees. There will be fish in the pond soon and MB is ordering chickens! Eric is building tools in the studio and learning like a Hoover Vacuum. We have zero pumpkins on the racks.