View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM

Drew Fritts is on a distinguished road
Thanks Eric...

I think I've fixed the problems mentioned so far... Here are the two new versions - one with a 120v coil and one with a 240v coil:

120v Coil Version

240v Coil Version

I removed the text at the top that specified that it was a 30 Amp control box because it's really independent of the breaker amperage. I run one of these on a 50 Amp furnace as well as several 30 Amp uints.

To clarify, for those of you who haven't seen one of these Lauckner-style controllers in person, EVERYTHING in the schematic (with the exception of the 240v plug on the left [which is a dryer pigtail], the thermocouple, and the lid switch) is contained in an 8 x 8 electrical box.

The advantages of this type of control box are that they are portable, they are plug-and-play, and the expensive parts (the thermocouple and the MDR) are only purchased for as many controllers as you want, not the number of units that you want to run. Obviously, this is only a savings if you have annealers, pick-up ovens, furnaces, warmers, kilns, etc. that you only want to run occasionally.

Another advantage of this design is that you can use whichever brand of digital controller you want. It doesn't have to be a Fuji as shown. It simply has to have a pulsed voltage output to run the SSR in this design.

Last edited by Drew Fritts; 03-31-2010 at 11:59 AM.