CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 01-11-2019, 05:01 PM

chris Harman is on a distinguished road
GB1 problem

Hey all,

Thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone had any insights...

My GB1 act a little funny sometimes. By that I mean when it's operating the display will change... the temp goes dark, the program number and step number stay, and the time reads zero. As it does this, the relay shuts off as well. This only happens for a few seconds. The only upside to all this is the controller's ability to remember where in the program it's at and resume it.

So... power surge to the control panel maybe? I'm going to put it on a surge protector tomorrow after it runs todays program. I'm also having the electrican come back out, and isolate the controller's plug to it's own circuit. Currently, it was wired in to the dedicated circuit for the air compressor... with the garage door opener... so yeah...

Has anyone had a similar problem, or any insights to this maybe?

*I've called Digitry and they are out of the office until the 20th... I'll email as well, in hopes they are checking now and then while out.

Last edited by chris Harman; 01-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:17 PM
?

Jordan Kube is on a distinguished road
That's probably an ok place to start. Transient electrical problems are always tough to troubleshoot. You might be looking at sending it in for a definitive answer.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Sky Campbell is on a distinguished road
A double-conversion UPS provides consistent, clean and near perfect power regardless of the condition of incoming power. You can find bare bones models inexpensive to just run the controller.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:30 AM

chris Harman is on a distinguished road
Just a quick update... so simply plugging the power supply for the controller into a surge protector eliminated 90% of this occurrence. It would seem I have a lot of electrical spikes where my studio is located.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:49 AM

Art Freas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Campbell View Post
A double-conversion UPS provides consistent, clean and near perfect power regardless of the condition of incoming power. You can find bare bones models inexpensive to just run the controller.
You just need it to bridge the spikes so you don't need to really worry about how long it can run the controller if the power goes out.
Art