CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > Classified Ads/ Opportunities

Old 02-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Scott Staats is on a distinguished road
Glass Blowers Wanted in Asbury Park, NJ

Hot Sand glass studio in Asbury Park, NJ is looking for Glass Blowers. Hot Sand is a public Hot Shop and Glass Gallery at the Jersey Shore.

With many opportunities available we are looking for glass blowers with at least one year of experience. As well we are seeking more experienced glass blowers with the ability to produce and reproduce high quality blown glass objects for our galleries, experience managing the day to day operations of the studio and staff, and experience rebuilding/maintaining glass studio equipment. Other responsibilities include opening and closing the studio, working with the public in the creation of blown glass, creating production items sold in the gallery, assisting lead glass blowers on commissions, coldworking and more.

We are looking to hire people who like working with the public, are outgoing , positive and are able to work well as part of a team. As an employee you will receive complimentary weekly rental time in the hot shop, and the ability to sell approved work for consignment in our gallery.

if you are interested in a position please sned a copy of your resume and photos of your work to Studio@HotSandAP.com
Old 02-05-2021, 05:34 PM

Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig is on a distinguished road
Good Lord, youre paying someone with one year expierence? Thats really silly
Old 02-05-2021, 06:16 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
I always remember Shorty Finley talking about his first day at Blenko. He said "So, I was the carry out boy and took the piece to the annealer. By the end of the day, you knew everything there was to know about being the carry
out boy. I did that over a year".

My son's metal shop instructor said " There's a place for evreyone at this high school."

It's the pay that makes the difference.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:39 PM

Art Freas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig View Post
Good Lord, youre paying someone with one year expierence? Thats really silly
Unpaid internships that are not directly attached to an educational course with an outcome are violations of minimum wage law in the US.