CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Moly Replacement Elements

I now have Moly elements, straps and clamps in stock for 6/12 and 9/18 moly disilicide elements.
The 6/12 style is $460.00 per pair
The 9/18 style is $760.00 per pair
clamps are $13.50 each
Straps are $13.50 each
Minimum order is four elements.
I am now drop shipping to clients and experiencing almost no breakage. It costs almost exactly the same. The factory has gotten irritatingly weird on breakage. If they ship four, and break one, They will cut the invoice cost by 25 percent all the way through the shipping costs BUT they won't replace the element until your next order. Given that, I did complain but they'r firm SO, it is wisest to order at least two more than you need. I hate it but I can't get it changed.

603-323-7900
glassgu@earthlink.net
Old 11-16-2010, 06:31 PM
The Old Gaffer

A note to anyone receiving these elements. Don't remove the elements from their inner packing until you are actually ready to use them. Just check the continuity on the large ends when you receive them. When you do take them out DO NOT try to remove the wooden brace in the hot zone, or it is very likely you will break the element, as a customer of mine did today. Let the wooden piece burn out. These critters are seriously fragile.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:23 PM

Barb Sanderson is on a distinguished road
Pete
I sent you an email earlier but your modified box worked just fine and both elements arrived in one piece yesterday. One thing you may want to do before shipping more is to tape both open ends of the boxes a bit. One of the elements had the curvy end sticking about 1/2" outside the box & foam when I took the peanuts off the top. I'm guessing the jiggling in transport moved it outside the box.

Barb
Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
The Old Gaffer

Thanks Barb. That does surprise me. I packed the box ends so it would have nowhere to go, which it didn't. That crate was really the product of repeatedly modifying the design as I learn. Hot glue is really versatile. So far the boxes are arriving in good order . The elements are about as fragile as potato chips. Just don't try to pull the wooden block out of the hot zone. Burn Baby Burn.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 AM

Max Klubal is on a distinguished road
Elements received intact

Hi Pete
Just to let you know my elements arrived here in Adelaide today.
Having formally placed the order on 24th Feb that makes exactly two weeks. A couple of minor scrapes on the packaging means that it was handled well by Fed Ex and AusPost(local fedEx carrier). Opening the box I was impressed by the quality of packaging - although of course nothing will protect against true incompetence. All elements tested good and I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks for your promptness, courtesy and advice both privately and as a valued member of the board.
Max
Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 AM
The Old Gaffer

well, that's good to hear! I had to change the crating because of the types of wood not allowed in to Australia. I have to assume they didn't mind the chip board struts. I still don't know what it cost.

Don't try to pull out the lower wooden blocks. Burn them out!