CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 03-20-2020, 03:44 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Pots for glass

After seeing California and Illinois shut down and tell people "Stay at home" through Apr 24th, I took my reality check and called Sherri about production.
She indicated that a major client of theirs in California had just been put to "Stay at Home " by Newsome ( which I applaud) they transferred their needs to Portland which is naming High Temp as an emergency supplier.

So, she said pots will roll out unless the entire crew gets ill, which is possible. I do not know if this thinking will affect E.C. and LeClede. I'm not trying to push pots. I'm just trying to make people think on their supplies of both this and other materials. We're here until we are stuck. Stuck may be a long time, who knows? I'm giving my nitrile rubber glove boxes to our hospital. We lost a Doc today and we don't have enough. Give it time and we'll take payment in toilet paper.

Shut down. Embrace your lives. See you on the other side.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:03 PM

Location: Salida, CO the Happy Little Town of my Happy Little Dreams
Brice Turnbull is on a distinguished road
I am sorry you lost a doctor there Pete. I read a credible article postulating that the intensity of exposure to coronavirus may determine the intensity of the expression of COVID-19.

So a couple sneezes from 5 feet away and no further exposure may yield a slowly spreading impact in a person's body, which their body has a chance to fight off with mild or moderate symptoms and duration.

Someone in a sneezy and coughy environment for several days may be breathing in the virus repeatedly, so their body gets many repeated impacts which overall multiply too quickly to combat.

Unfortunately, a lot of doctors and medical staff who are working in COVID wards are now perpetually exposed, even with fairly good masking and gloves and so on.

On the human scale though, I'm sorry for your doctor's family, and for the medical staff who was working with her/him who must now be more fearful for their own chances.

As to glass making supplies - good idea. I should order that next set of replacement elements sooner than later!

Stay safe where possible Pete,
Brice
Old 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM

Shawn Everette is on a distinguished road
After seeing Amazon's changes to Prime and with over half of the US in some form of stay in place I've placed all the orders I can for projects I want to work on. I was holding off, but at this point it's now or maybe in a couple months. Bulleye's suspended production, but is still selling what's in the warehouses.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:48 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Well, he's not dead. We just lost his services which right now are in high demand. My daughter has had it and she said one night she just didn't think she could breathe and it was like a giant inner tube wrapped tightly around her chest.

It looks to me like Trump wants to go down the path of "Survival of the fittest" You gotta get the markets open. While I thought he would be an awful choice, I never thought he might kill us.