CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > Classified Ads/ Opportunities

Old 10-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Ed Pennebaker is on a distinguished road
Studio, house, and land for sale.

We have moved out of the studio near Osage, Arkansas. It was a great place to live and work for me for 27 years. It includes forty acres of mostly woods, a 1940 sq. ft. house, partially timber frame structure, and around 3000 sq. ft. of studio space, and several other small outbuildings. A natural gas pipeline crosses the property and it is 2.75 off of Highway 412 the major route between Tulsa and Nashville. It is located fifty miles from Fayetteville, thirty five miles from Eureka Springs, sixty five miles from Bentonville and the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Northwest Arkansas has a quickly developing art community with new galleries and artist coops. The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville is expanding it's art department with millions of dollars of new buildings.

If anyone is interested in a good studio let me know. Perfect for glass, pottery or many kinds of artists or craftsmen. Would love to sell it to someone who will take care of it and use it. Nearest full time neighbor is three quarters of a mile away. Most land in the area is going to hunters who only come out occasionally, not permanent residences. There are lots of deer and turkey, I've seen bear but I don't hunt. Some walking trails are established on the property and it sits on the side of a mountain 350 feet above the Osage valley below with a great view. DSL internet service is available, cell phone service is getting better all the time but is spotty, especially inside the buildings. The realtor is saying to list it at $178K which I think is a steal, haven't signed a contract to list it yet. Let me know if you want photos. I will try to post some images somewhere soon and put a link up to them. This link will take you to a page I am working on. http://redfernglass.com/studioforsale.html There is a contact page on my website, or PM me.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Sky Campbell is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great deal for a piece of heaven. i can't imagine anything better then being surrounded by nature and doing what you love. Congrats Ed on to the next journey!!

One quick question maybe you can help me negotiate. I have a natural gas line that runs through my property. I asked for service when I built my shop here. They said it just wasn't worth the cost to make an access connection for me. They wouldn't give me a price and just left it at that. When I was asking for service we used about 2,000 gallons of propane a year. I know that's not a lot but if I had a cheaper fuel I would definitely be running more gas equipment. I know they give access to the peanut farms not that far away but I imagine they can use a bunch of fuel during the season. Anyway how did you get a connection and is it a main feeder line? Any ideas for me to try I'm all ears.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:41 PM

Ed Pennebaker is on a distinguished road
When I bought the property in '91it was a pottery studio and already had natural gas service, yes a main line that feeds several large towns to the east. The potter had been there eleven years. The potter was the one who got them to tap it. He has a great story about them breaking off two taps in attempting to tap the pipe and since it as getting close to quitting time they decided to just punch a hole and go for it. Sounds crazy. I can check with him to see if he has any suggestions. I tried to check into getting natural gas at my new studio since the residential line ends less than half a mile from the studio. They said it was cost prohibitive. Times have changed.