CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 04-04-2019, 08:49 AM

Victor Chiarizia is on a distinguished road
relay 120 amp

anyone have an extra extra cutler-hammer 120 amp relay for a statalmelter? just burnt my backup and like to have one on the shelf. 3 phase relay is great because you can burn 1 leg and still have 2 usable legs. vic
Old 04-04-2019, 09:05 AM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
I do have one for 150 AMP Vic if you're talking about the relay that oversees the element banks turning on and off. Big thing, gray, expensive. Goes Clunk. 3 phase as you suggest.
Brand New.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Victor Chiarizia is on a distinguished road
thats the one. kills power to the transformer. huge lugs. how much? yes they are expensive. maybe i have goodies you want. v
Old 04-05-2019, 12:54 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
It's an XTCE 150Amp. I know I paid over $400 dollars for it and I don't eat that much cheese It has a minor problem but it should be solvable easily with your blown out relay. The piece which takes the input 120V is not there and you would have to take the one on yours and put it on. I don't think it's a big deal to swap out, particularly if yours is shot. Otherwise, it's never been used, is three phase as you noted and probably drops in to the same bolt mounting.

The thing about those relays is that the connector can work loose. If it gets loose enough, it arcs. If you have that problem on your relays, check your transformer connections as well. In there, you really don't want an arc. If the coils get molten stuff on them, the transformer usually is toast.

If you're really hurting, I'll just send it to you. I'm not trying to hold it hostage. I have straps too. Give me the shipping address.
Pete V