CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 11-29-2020, 07:20 AM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
I'm not at all sure if I want to go on. That's becoming the point.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig is on a distinguished road
Im actually a bit shocked that there’s no reaction to Petes last comments about quitting. As being a member of your 12 member pre-craftweb forum, and having run a studio for 30 years, I can attest to that this is the single best place for knowledge and information for anyone running a studio , on the web, due in large to your rather disciplined keeping order here. It would be a huge loss to have you quit. I can’t understand the silence
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Patrick Casanova is on a distinguished road
I just picked up on this thread and was sitting here in amazement at the discussion and the quality of the information being exchanged by some of the most knowledgeable in our craft. This board never ceases to amaze me. Like Michael I came over from Brad's in the beginning. There is no better source of information on the web. Pete through this board your contribution to the overall knowledge base of our craft is immeasurable. The archives of this board are a treasure. I would hate to see you quit. Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Well I came from Pete here, he had a forum where an asshole would be banned every week- 10 12 members��
I agree with everything else
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM

Art Freas is on a distinguished road
Just saw the latest in this thread. Pete, unfortunately when folks interact at the level we do on this board, the disagreements tend to stand out far more than the agreements. And there is far more agreement on the board than disagreement. In the world of boards this is a very well managed board and its longevity is proof of that. This board and you are priceless resources for those of us newer to the glass world. While I may not always agree with you I always value you you and your opinions. I very rarely disagree with those whose opinions I don't value as there is little point. And I promise, I will learn to weld
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Art- I can’t possibly see, where there is a situation where you possibly could disagree with Pete and be right
Old Today, 10:28 AM

Tom Fuhrman is on a distinguished road
70 is a tipping point, trust me I can attest to it. One runs out of energy and starts to calculate what exactly they want to spend their time doing in the time they have left to create. I very much can see Pete's view. Nothing lasts for ever without some change.
Others need to step up and find a way to continue what has been achieved but will probably not stand a chance of coming close to what already exists.