CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 06-13-2020, 08:14 PM

Art Freas is on a distinguished road
Question Watlow programming question

I am rewriting some programs on my furnace controller. There is an option " wait for process crossover value (WPr)" that applies to soak steps. Reading the manual it seems that this says wait until the previous step value / temp is reached before starting the soak. So if I am reading this correctly if step 1 is get to 500 degrees in two hours and then step 2 is soak for an hour Wif Pr set to true will only start the soak step after it reaches 500. If step 1 is 450 after 2 hours the soak timer won't start but once the furnace reaches 500, even if that is 5 hours later then the soak step will start. Is this correct? Many thanks.
Art
Old 06-13-2020, 08:59 PM

Eben Horton is on a distinguished road
Sounds right.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:27 PM

Patrick Casanova is on a distinguished road
I ran an Watlow 8CLS for 20 years... Yes Some times it can be more problematic coming down if your annealer cools slower than the time set for the segment. The next segment won't start until you reach the set point called for in that segment, even though the time set had.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:37 AM

Eben Horton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Casanova View Post
I ran an Watlow 8CLS for 20 years... Yes Some times it can be more problematic coming down if your annealer cools slower than the time set for the segment. The next segment won't start until you reach the set point called for in that segment, even though the time set had.
Thatís why I have a fiber blanket walled annealer. It drops at just the right rate and I can control cooldowns 100%.