CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > General Hot Glass Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 03:03 PM

Henry Halem is on a distinguished road
Spherical Grinding wheel

I'm in need of a few spherical grinding wheels 6" x 220 diamond grit and will possibly be ordering them from China. These are the nickel plated ones. They price out at $65 per. The minimum order is 5. I do not need 5. I would need only 3. Is anyone interested in 2 wheels plus postage from Ohio?
Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 PM
Registered Abuser

Brian Graham is on a distinguished road
What is the wheel width and arbor size?
Old 09-28-2020, 10:04 PM

Marty Kremer is on a distinguished road
What Brian said-
I might be interested.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 AM

Rick Wilton is on a distinguished road
Have you looked at these ones. You can order 1, I've ordered a bunch of things from these guys are am impressed with the quality for the price. No they aren't the best of the best but are decent... In my opinion https://www.thk.hk/online-cart-dtl.p...ssid=23&id=641
Old 09-29-2020, 06:48 AM

Sky Campbell is on a distinguished road
Henry I bought a set of the 4 and polishing wheels the last time you ordered and was very happy with the quality. Do you know if they have a 4 that is 1 wide as opposed to the 1.5 width of the ones we bought?

The 4 spherical wheels were 1 1/2 wide and a arbor size hole of 1 with many adapter bushings for any size smaller.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Wilton View Post
Have you looked at these ones. You can order 1, I've ordered a bunch of things from these guys are am impressed with the quality for the price. No they aren't the best of the best but are decent... In my opinion https://www.thk.hk/online-cart-dtl.p...ssid=23&id=641
Rick, their price is right but all they show is a flat faced wheel. I'm in need of a spherical wheel.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Graham View Post
What is the wheel width and arbor size?
6" diameter and 1 inch arbor. Comes with step down arbor plugs to fit most standard machines.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM

[quote=Sky Campbell;148942]Henry I bought a set of the 4 and polishing wheels the last time you ordered and was very happy with the quality. Do you know if they have a 4 that is 1 wide as opposed to the 1.5 width of the ones we bought?

The link posted by Rick takes you to a company out of Hong Kong that sells the wheels in the 1" width but it seems only in a 6" diameter. It also does not look like they sell a spherical profile as they only show a flat face. I have written to them asking if they sell the spherical profile. Will get back when and if I hear from them.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:02 PM

David Patchen is on a distinguished road
[quote=Henry Halem;148947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Campbell View Post
Henry I bought a set of the 4 and polishing wheels the last time you ordered and was very happy with the quality. Do you know if they have a 4 that is 1 wide as opposed to the 1.5 width of the ones we bought?

The link posted by Rick takes you to a company out of Hong Kong that sells the wheels in the 1" width but it seems only in a 6" diameter. It also does not look like they sell a spherical profile as they only show a flat face. I have written to them asking if they sell the spherical profile. Will get back when and if I hear from them.
Did you check Kingsley North? They often have good deals on all grinding stuff and you wouldn't have to wait on an import.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:24 PM

Sky Campbell is on a distinguished road
[quote=David Patchen;148970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Halem View Post

Did you check Kingsley North? They often have good deals on all grinding stuff and you wouldn't have to wait on an import.
I have and they only have a 6 wheels 1 1/2 wide for twice the price of waiting on the boat from overseas.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:19 AM

The Spherical

Okay, went to Hans Superabrasive Materials Co.,Ltd and placed an order for two abrasive wheels. To my surprise the order was accepted. They originally had a minimum of 5. Tried to pay with a credit card and received a message that read that the U.S. was not a recognized country. No sale. Okay fair enough, I don't recognize the U.S. either but I did want the wheels. A day later I decided to go back and see what would happen if I paid through my PayPal account which also uses my credit card. The order went through without any problem. Go figure. Bottom line, if you guys are interested in spherical abrasive wheels give Han a try. Postage is a bit high but still cheaper than anyone else and I think they are the only ones that sell the spherical wheel (6" and 8" only) with a choice of grit sizes.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:07 AM

Ted Trower is on a distinguished road
Thank you Henry.
"It appears to me that glass men are the most given to drunkeness of any class of men I know" Peter Burt, recruiter in Europe, in a letter to Deming Jarves of the Boston and Sandwich glass company. -1826