CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk  

Go Back   CraftWEB Hot Glass Talk > Hot Glass > Classified Ads/ Opportunities

Old 08-15-2017, 11:53 AM

Tom Philabaum is on a distinguished road
Glass Studio/Gallery For Sale

FOR SALE: Turnkey operation. Retail glass gallery (32 years in business), fully equipped hot shop and cold shop, warm shop, pack/ship rooms, offices, parking lot, and auxiliary buildings. This landmark building is located in an historic district, near the arts district of downtown Tucson, AZ. $900K. Available 2018.
More detail and pictures available. Contact: tom@philabaumglass.com
Old 08-15-2017, 01:14 PM
The Old Gaffer

Pete VanderLaan is on a distinguished road
Best of luck on that Sale Tom. That is a really nice studio and that neighborhood is wonderful.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I am a cog

Mike McCain is on a distinguished road
Wow.

Every shop has its own way, and IMHO, Philabaum's has one of the best ways. His/Dan's design for Barn door style glory hole doors should be documented, and I personally LOVE how their benches were built, no matter what Lino says.

I guess time waits for no man. They definitely did it right out there in the Southwest. Wouldn't be surprised to see a certain 'tree stump' take the reigns, price tag notwithstanding.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 PM

Sky Campbell is on a distinguished road
When you say barn doors I'm guessing you mean sliding doors? The classic glory hole door design never worked for me either. They just seemed to radiate all the heat back at the pipe and the gaffer. Besides the first glory I built everything has been sliders. Self operated on the small holes via a long handle above and pneumatics on the large doors. Lollipop doors would be a second but they seem to be a bit complicated for what they need to do. I'd love to see some pictures of the studio but I'm hesitant to ask considering I'm not a buyer.

The perfect bench I have yet to build. You usually find me at the stand up bench until things get big then it's just your classic overbuilt sit down. Rollers on the front of the bench work wonders when you need them. I would like to know what makes the perfect bench. My first bench was using Fritz plans and it felt like I was rolling the pipe on my legs. I never understood those dimensions.

Anyway if there are any pictures on the web would someone please post a link. You can learn so much if you just look. Many years of refinement slight modifications and good engineering it's really worth gold.

Best of wishes Tom I'm sure the next adventure will be equally as rewarding. Good things for good people.